I would like to thank James Matyr from World Traveling Tales for nominating Travel Gourmand for the Liebster Award. This is my first ever blogger award and it means a lot.
James is English. In 2015, after a spontaneous road trip to Rome, he quit his 9 to 5 job and started his worldwide adventure. Within a year, he has been to Southeast Asia and Australia. James not only publish written posts, he also have Vlogs on Youtube, and was featured on Men’s Health magazine. Follow James and World Traveling Tales as they travel around the world. It may make you want to quit your job 🙂
The Liebster Award was created in 2011 to encourage bloggers to discover and promote new and emerging blogs.
If you are nominated to receive this award and you accept you must write a post following the below rules:
- Post about the award on your blog;
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog;
- Answer their questions about yourself, feel free to add photos;
- Nominate 5 – 10 people with less than 1000 followers, inform them via social media.
- Write your own set of questions for your nominees.
- Feel good about yourself for winning an award and passing it on.
So James, to answer to your questions:
1. What made you decide to travel?
To see the world and meet new people.
2. Why did you decide to become a travel blogger?
To help my fellow traveler who wants to know a little bit more about their destination, other than those from a guide book – especially where to find good food.
3. Do you think traveler/backpackers have a duty to do their part for the environment?
Absolutely! My latest journey to Greenland made me rethink climate change and what I can do to help people understand that it is not only happening but also happening in an uncontrollable speed.
4. How do you cope with being away from family/friends whilst traveling?
Stay in touch and make new friends.
5. What’s the most incredible thing you’ve done while travelling?
I’ve done some pretty cool things. But incredible? I am still looking for it 🙂
6. Is there anything you have seen or experienced whilst traveling that you haven’t liked?
Yes. Loud and impolite tourists that litter and destroy the exact culture & civilization they came to see.
7. What are your aspirations?
Live my life to the fullest, as far as I can.
8. What places have you been to that you would recommend to someone that is just starting their travels?
I would say their hometown and their home country. Because they are close, we tend to ignore their beauty.
9. Is there anywhere that you don’t want to go? Why?
Not that I could think of.
10. What do you think is best, solo travel or traveling with others?
Both. Traveling with family and friends are always fun. But you get a lot closer to the local community when traveling solo.
11. What’s your next destination?
My next destination will be back to Paris, France – where I intend to attend Salon International de l’Agriculture.
Okay here comes my nominees:
Handstands Around the World – a former gymnast with an insatiable case of wanderlust
Z.Y.Doyle – Two Sisters, Five Pets: Eating, Writing and Woof Trekking
Livingtheqlife – Sharing our experiences about food, wine, and travel
The Moment Keeper – Travel stories and photography inspirations by Filipino couple and Dubai expats – Joanna and Jeremiah Villanueva.
Jebus Mews & Andrea – Photo Enthusiast, Travel, NYC & Cats
Adventure 57 – Adventures in the America’s Southwest.
My questions to the above nominees are:
- What is your favorite destination so far?
- What is your least favorite destination so far?
- If you were given a year just to travel, where would you like to go?
- What is your best travelling moment?
- Do you think traveler/backpackers have a duty to do their part for the environment? (I steal this question from James, because I think it is important that we all think about it and pass it on)
Thank you James and thank you everyone for reading!