A really simple recipe of watercress fried rice.
- Day Old Rice (I used half rice, half quinoa)
- Fresh Watercress (washed and minced)
- Ground Pork (substitute eggs if vegetarian)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Soy Sauce for seasoning
- Break the rice into smaller bits, preferably in each individual grain.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high.
- When the oil is hot, sauté ground pork, stir the meat to make sure that they do not form large chunks. When the meat turns pale, add soy sauce to taste.
- Add watercress and stir until the greens are wilted.
- Add rice and stir to combine all the ingredients evenly.
- Season with soy sauce.
Did you know that watercress has more iron than spinach, more calcium than milk, and more vitamin C than oranges? It really is a super food. Click here for the recipe of one of my favorite dumpling dishes featuring this aquatic plant.