“I love ALL of them… hard to choose… but since I am Italian and in the morning or afternoon like to have a cake that is not sweet, I like the banana bread. Being home bound, it seems we need a scone or your banana bread with tea as a treat! THANKS for all the cooking inspiration. 🙂”
Thanks BrilliantViewpoint. This super easy recipe is adotped from Simplyrecipes.com by Elise Bauer.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and finely mashed with forks
- 1/3 cup butter melted (approx. 5 tablespoon or 75g)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking sode
- 1/2 cup walnut, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and mashed bananas.
- Add sugar and egg, mix well.
- Add baking soda and salt, stir to combine but not overmix.
- Mix in the flour to combine but not overmix.
- Add chopped walnut to combine but not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the buttered loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a tester runs through the center clean.
- Cool on a rack.
- Remove from the pan and serve as is
Or toasted topped with creamy Irish butter 😛