I tried Fleischpflanzerl (Bavarian meat patty) during my recent trip to Bavarian Germany and loved it. I decided to make it on my own.
Here is how I made it.
Recipe adapted from Original bayerische Fleischpflanzerl by https://mariaesschmecktmir.com/
- 250 grams good quality ground beef
- 2 slices stale bread
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) lukewarm milk
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Break the bread in bite pieces and soak them in lukewarm milk.
- Sauté the onion in butter until translucent, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, soaked bread, sautéd onions, parsley and marjoram.
- Stir in egg, mustard, nutmeg, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Mix well with clean hand, form into meat balls, press to flatten into patties.
- Fry the patties in hot oil on medium heat until crispy brown on both sides.
- Serve with mashed potato or salad.
Coming up next: Salzburg, Austria